|DECEMBER 2020 AHF Facts at a Glance– Key Highlights:
Month-over-month changes—AHF clients & staff — NOVEMBER- DECEMBER 2020
and 2020 year-end highlights on HIV Testing and Free Condom Distribution numbers:
- As of year-end 2020 and with the January 5, 2021 Global Patient Report, AHF now has over 1.5 million lives in care—1,505,510 total clients in care!
- This figure represents a slight census INCREASE (up 5,530 AHF clients or patients worldwide), month-to-month since the December 4, 2020 Global Patient Report.
- A net increase of 54 AHF employees overall worldwide to 6,971 total AHF employees worldwide, including:
- An INCREASE of 24 U.S. staff
- An INCREASE of 20 global staff, and
- 2,271 other AHF-supported staff in global programs (bucket staff, casuals, etc)
· This report also includes a breakout of the 2,908 clients now enrolled in our various Positive Healthcare (PHC &PHP) Medicare and Medicaid managed care programs in California, Florida and Georgia (page #2 of “Facts”–PHP = Medicare; PHC = Medicaid).
US & GLOBAL & PROGRAMS & COUNTRIES:
· NO new domestic U.S. AHF Healthcare Centers, AHF Pharmacies, AHF Wellness or OTC sites opened in December 2020.
· AHF’s Global program now operates 740 global AHF clinics, ADDING seven (7) new treatment sites globally, while CLOSING two (2) in ETHIOPIA.
AHF GLOBAL SITES ADDED IN DECEMBER 2020:
Week of January 8, 2021
One (1) new global treatment site was ADDED this week:
· LAOS — Savannakhet Provincial Hospital
While two (2) sites were CLOSED
· ETHIOPIA — Oromia – Africa Services Committee Batu Clinic
· ETHIOPIA — Yeka – ASC Addis Ababa
Week of December 11, 2020
Six (6) new global treatment sites were ADDED this week:
· ARGENTINA — Buenos Aires – PMDQ Mar del Plata
· KENYA — Makueni – Kibwezi Sub-County Hospital
· KENYA — Makueni – Mtito Andei Sub-County Hospital
· KENYA — Makueni – Sultan Hamud Sub-County Hospital
· KENYA — Taita Taveta – Moi Voi County and Referral Hospital
· ESTONIA— Estonia GPPR High Risk Negatives
2020 AHF HIV Testing numbers:
· The total number of HIV tests done by AHF worldwide in 2020 (including US figures), was 3,260,486. 111,094 HIV-positive tests were found, resulting in a seropositivity rate of 3.4%.
· Testing figures for the U.S. separately for 2020 include 126,442 HIV tests done, which resulted in 1,477 HIV-positive tests being found leading to a 1.2% seropositivity rate.
2020 Condom Distribution numbers:
· In 2020, AHF distributed 68,873,376 free condoms at sites and events across the globe, including in the U.S.
While the number of free HIV tests done in 2020—3,260,486—and the number of free condoms distributed—68,873,376—are both quite robust, each represent declines from AHF’s 2019 numbers, mostly due to changes resulting from the global impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We hope you continue to find “AHF Facts at a Glance” a useful resource.