AIDS HEALTHCARE FOUNDATION’S “AHF Film Festival” CONTEST
- SPONSOR. The Contest is sponsored by the AIDS Healthcare Foundation (“Sponsor”), a California non-profit corporation located at 6255 West Sunset Blvd., 21st Floor, Los Angeles, California 90028. Sponsor’s mission is to provide cutting-edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Among other activities, Sponsor encourages people to know their HIV status and provide HIV testing.
- The Sponsor of the “AHF Film Festival” contest will give away one grand prize (“Grand Prize”) worth $500, to be determined by the Senior Managers, according to the terms and conditions of these rules.
- The Contest will run from September 1, 2018 until December 31, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, whichever is sooner (“Contest Term”).
- ELIGIBILITY. Except as set forth below, all individuals that are, as of January 30th, 2017, over the age of 18, employees, contractors or volunteers of Sponsor or associated Affiliates or Affinity Groups, and have a valid United States driver’s license are eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Each individual that participates in the Contest agrees to be subject to and abide by these rules. Any deviation from these rules on the part of any participant will render that participant ineligible. All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
- NO PURCHASE, DONATION, EFFORT, OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- HOW TO ENTER. Only eligible individuals, groups or teams may participate in the Contest during the Contest Term. To participate, an eligible individual, group or team must complete all required forms, provide all requested information to demonstrate eligibility at any participating Los Angeles AHF Wellness Centers.
The odds of winning depend upon the number of entrants received during the Contest Term.
On January 18, 2019 at 12pm PST of the Contest Term, Sponsor will determine the winner of the Grand Prize. The decision will be determined at Sponsor’s facilities located at 6660 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles CA 90038.
- PRIZE INFORMATION. Only one prize, the Grand Prize, will be awarded to an individual, group or team. The Grand Prize may be cash or other items with an aggregate cash value of US $500.00 (“Prize Value”).
The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize for items of similar aggregate value.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and fees related to any Contest prize. The winner’s claim to any Contest prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. The winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and certain tax forms, and provide copies of all licenses and permits and such other information as may be required to own or operate the Grand Prize, prior to claiming the Grand Prize. By entering the Contest, each participant consents without limitation and without receiving additional compensation, to make a promotional appearance such as a photo shoot, and to the use of his or her name, voice, photograph, and/or likeness by Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and promotional partners for any purposes including, but not limited to, promotional purposes on television, radio, print and the internet. Failure to make such a promotional appearance requested by Sponsor or grant such rights as may be reasonably requested by Sponsor may result in disqualification.
- RULES; WINNERS LIST. Copies of these rules and identification of the winner are available in any of the following ways: (a) Between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., local time, at 6255 West Sunset Boulevard, 21st Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90028, or (b) By mail to any requestor who sends a stamped, self-addressed envelope identifying the Contest, to the same address, or (c) at Sponsor’s website located at https://ahf.org/film-rules.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individuals it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these rules, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or for any other reason deemed reasonable by Sponsor. If after the Contest has begun, changes or updates in these rules are deemed necessary by Sponsor, all such changes will be posted on Sponsor’s website located at https://ahf.org/film-rules on the day that the change takes effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these rules at any time as it determines necessary in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. All participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and all of its respective affiliated companies and subsidiaries and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, legal counsel, and/or participating promotional partners from all losses, damages, penalties, claims, actions, suits, costs, and expenses of any kind whatsoever and any property damage, personal injury, or death to any participant or third party caused by or arising out of or in connection with participation in the Contest or with the use of any prize awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Contest of the equipment used in its administration.
- DISPUTES. As a condition to participating in the Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Los Angeles, California having competent jurisdiction, and participant waives any and all objection to such venue on any theory at law or equity. In any such dispute, the court shall apply the laws of the State of California without regard for the doctrines of Conflict of Laws. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted awards for, and each hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or attorneys’ fees.