JUNE 2019 AHF Facts at a Glance– Key Highlights:
Month-over-month changes—AHF clients & staff— May – June 2019:
- As of the June 28th, 2019 Global Patient Report, AHF now has 1,217,888 total clients in care.
- This represents an INCREASE of 25,162 AHF clients or patients worldwide, month-to-month (as of the June 28th 2019 Global Patient Report, up from 1,187,726 in the last ‘Facts’ covering May, 2019). This represents an average of 899 new patients per day in June somewhere in AHF’s care around the globe in the 28 days between ‘Facts’ reports.
- A net increase of 88 AHF employee overall worldwide to 6,495 total AHF employees worldwide, including:
- NO change in number of U.S. staff
- An INCREASE of 53 global staff, and
- 2,351 other AHF-supported staff in global programs (bucket staff, casuals, etc.), reflecting updated numbers (+35 to 694 from AHF Europe).
- This report also includes a breakout of the 2,864 clients now enrolled in our various Positive Healthcare (PHC &PHP) Medicare and Medicaid managed care programs in California, Florida and Georgia (page #2 of “Facts”–PHP = Medicare; PHC = Medicaid).
US & GLOBAL & PROGRAMS & COUNTRIES:
- One (1) new AHF Healthcare Center opened in Baltimore, Maryland (our first in that city!) in the U.S. in June 2019. An AHF Pharmacy will soon follow at this Baltimore location.
- We no longer have operations in BOLIVIA, so our country count is now 43 countries, including the United States.
- AHF’s Global program also now operates 642 global AHF clinics, ADDING a net gain of ten (10) new treatment sites in June 2019.
AHF GLOBAL SITES ADDED, JUNE 2019: á
Week of June 28, 2019
Five (5) new global treatment sites were added this week:
- MOZAMBIQUE — Matola– Malhampsene Health Center
- CAMBODIA — Battambang Provincial Hospital
- CAMBODIA — Battambang Mong Russey Referral Hospital
- CAMBODIA — Battambang Sampov Loun Referral Hospital
- CAMBODIA — Battambang Thmor Kol Referral Hospital
Week of June 21, 2019
Four (4) new global treatment sites were added this week:
- MALAWI — Chikwawa – Makhuwira Health Center
- VIETNAM — Ha Tinh – CDC
- VIETNAM — Tuyen Quang – Son Duong Hospital
- VIETNAM — Tuyen Quang – Tuyen Quang General Hospital
Week of June 14, 2019
One (1) new global treatment site was added this week:
- ZAMBIA — Kitwe – Buchi Main Clinic
AHF Welcomes IRIS HOUSE, our Newest Affiliate Organization!
We are pleased to announce a partnership with our newest AHF affiliate organization: Iris House.
Based in Harlem in New York City, Iris House is one of the only HIV/AIDS organizations remaining in the city that focuses specifically on the needs of women living with HIV or AIDS in New York City and the greater New York/New Jersey metropolitan area.
For over 25 years, Iris House has served women by providing free HIV/AIDS services in order to promote and support independent functioning for clients, to improve their quality of life, and to maintain optimum health status for clients and their families. As part of its mission, Iris House also seeks to educate policymakers, elected officials, and human health service providers about the issues and concerns affecting our clients and their families; and to advocate for changes in policy and programs that are more responsive to the needs of women and their families.
Through the agreement, Iris House will keep its identity, staff, programs, grants, etc. In addition, immediate access to AHF’s nearby medical and pharmacy services in the South Bronx will allow Iris House to essentially become a one-stop shop for care and services.
Welcome, Iris House, under the leadership of Executive Director Ingrid Floyd!
For more on the AHF/Iris House affiliation, click here.
With this affiliation, AHF also now adds NEW JERSEY to its roster of states, so AHF now provides services domestically in 16 states as well as the District of Columbia and the U.S. Territory of Puerto Rico.
In closing, we hope you find “AHF Facts at a Glance” a useful resource.